Why Is a Healthy Weight Important? Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is important for overall health and can help you prevent and control many diseases and conditions. If you are overweight or obese, you are at higher risk of developing serious health problems, including heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, gallstones, breathing problems, and certain cancers. It helps you lower your risk for developing these problems, helps you feel good about yourself, and gives you more energy to enjoy life.
What is obesity
Obesity is defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation in the body . Obesity is a medical condition that occurs when a person carries excess weight or body fat that might affect their health. A doctor will usually suggest that a person has obesity if they have a high body mass index. A BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that a person is carrying excess weight. If a person does have obesity and excess weight, this can increase their risk of developing a number of health conditions. Obesity can also cause changes you may not notice, but that can seriously harm your health, such as high blood pressure (hypertension) and high cholesterol levels (fatty deposits blocking your arteries). Both conditions significantly increase your risk of developing a cardiovascular disease.
Causes of obesity
Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. If you consume high amounts of energy, particularly fat and sugars, but don't burn off the energy through exercise and physical activity, much of the surplus energy will be stored by the body as fat. Energy is measured in terms of calories.
requirement of calories for daily work
1.in men -2500
2. In women-2000
1. Poor eating habbits –higher content of carbohydrates and fat also large portions of junk food
2. Lack of physical activity.
4. Medical reasons- underactive thyroid or cushing syndrome
5. Some medications- corticosteroids, antidepressants, and seizure medicines.
6.Insufficient sleep increases the risk of gaining weight and developing obesity.
Symptoms of Obesity
Obesity can cause day-to-day health problems such as: Breathlessness. Increased sweating.
Disclaimer - The result of the product may differ from person to person and the result is not guaranteed.
All Nisarga Herbs products are tested and have no side effects.
- • Haritaki Ghan ( Terminalia Chebula) 26 mg
- • Beheda Ghan (Terminalia Belerica) 25 mg
- • Amalki Ghan ( Emblica Officinalis) 32 mg
- • Long Pepper Ghan ( piper longum) 0.5 mg
- • Maricha Ghan (Piper nigrum) 15 mg
- • Sunthi Ghan (Zingiber Officinale) 25 mg.
- • Vidang Ghan ( Embelia Ribes) 12 mg
- • Khadira Ghan ( Acacia Catechu) 10 mg
- • Methika Extract ( Trigonella Foenumgraceum) 247 mg
- • Excipients Q. S.
These combine to form triphala churna. Traditionaly used as a laxative helps in proper digestion of food and elimination of waste . Triphala combines both nutritional as well as liver detoxifying actions.It helps stimulate bile flow and peristalsis.It helps to relieve constipation and digestive disorders and increases metabolic activity. Helps detoxify your body from harmful toxins leading to obesity.
- Pippali: Trikatu is an anti-mucus and digestive powder used to improve gastric function. It is useful in cases of obesity, weak digestion, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, hypothyroid, slow metabolism, etc. Its administration promotes the secretion of digestive juices, increasing appetite. Trikatu stimulates the formation of hydrochloric acid. It helps to inhibit gaseous distension. It is carminative, antiflatulent, and shown to increase the bioavailability of nutrients, foods, and medicines. It promotes rapid absorption of nutrients by the gastrointestinal tract, promotes proper digestion of food and also fat emulsification.
- Methika: methi plays an important role in weight reduction. Methika fibers are hygroscopic, absorb water in the gut and these swollen fibres give feeling of fullness in the stomach, suppress hunger and the person feels satiety .hunger bouts are lowered in the person.
- Fenugreek appears to slowdown absorption of sugars in the stomach and stimulate insulin.
- Both of these effects lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.thus helps in weight reduction in diabetic people. Methika has anti-diabetic and antilipidaemic properties.
- Vata pacifying characteristic makes Methika a useful herb for general weakness and debility
- Vidanga is a well-known home remedy and in Sanskrit literature it is termed “jantanasa”. The name suggests its fine germicidal and bactericidal action. Vidanga is one of the powerful anti-parasitic herbs of Ayurveda It is widely used against intestinal worm infestation Usually when medicine is given for de-worming the intestines, it is associated with another laxative ingredient so as to ease the dead worms out of the intestines. It is useful against vomiting, bloating, indigestion, gastritis and constipation.. It is widely used in weight loss treatment. It has been found that the slow, steady and gradual effect of vidanga on the body is that it increases appetite, brings clear motion, decrease weight and improves the complexion. The body becomes light and a person generally feels energetic and well.
- Khadira- The Sanskrit word khadira literally means that which alleviates diseases and stabilises the body. Sushruta has described the plant to be effective as an anti obesity drug. It helps to washout unwanted fat deposites in the body so called as kaphaghna. Thus all the ingredients have a similar line of action and altogether show combined effect on fat metabolism in the body and reduce obesity.
Dosage : 1 Capsule twice a day with water after meals or as directed by physician.